National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
The H.P. University has allotted two units to the college with strength of 200 students.
Objectives Of NSS :
Understanding of community in which the students work.
Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility. Utilizing their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
Acquiring leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
Personality Development of students through Community service.
Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony.
NSS ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY NSS UNIT DURING 2018-19
1. Celebrated International Yoga Day on 21st June, 2018 in association with NCC, different schools and Police department of Sundernagar. ( Official Letter)
2. Participated in Plantation drive in association with the Forest Department, Sundernagar Division at Saryun Nalini Forest Range on 14th July, 2018. 70 volunteers took part in this campaign.( Official Letter from Forest Department)
3. Organised a lecture by S.P. Mandi Sh. Gurdev Chand Sharma on 27th July 2018, on Anti Ragging, Anti Drug and Police Procedure. ( News + Photographs)
4.Activities for Swatchhta Pakhwara as per directions from HPU Shimla
1st Aug 2018 :- Oath Ceremony
2nd Aug 2018 :- Class Room & Campus Cleanliness Drive
5th Aug 2018 :- One Day Camp in College Campus
6th & 7th Aug 2018 :- Rally & Bawri Cleanliness at village Baned
12th Aug 2018 :- Cleanliness drive at Civil Hospital Sundernagar
13th Aug 2018 :- Cleanliness drive at Vridhasharm Dehri Sundernagar
14th Aug 2018 :- Rally for Cleanliness & Plantation Camp in College Campus
5. A lecture was organized in collaboration with RED RIBBON Club, MLSM College on 28th August, 2018. Dr. Arindom Roy, Zonal Hospital Mandi was the main speaker in this event.
6. A workshop on “Acid Attack Victims” was conducted on 1st September, 2018 by Dr. Neha Goel, OPERA Mrs. India Global 2018.
7. A Blood donation camp in collaboration with ABVP unit of MLSM College was organized in college campus on 12th Sept., 2018.
8. The Surgical Strike Day was celebrated on 29th Sept., 2018. A documentary on Uri Surgical Strike was shown to the NSS volunteers and NCC Cadets.
9. Pre RD Selection Camp of HP University was conducted on 6th October 2018.
10. A Lecture was delivered by Sh. Rajeev Kumar, ADM Mandi on Disaster Management
11. Oath on Ekta Diwas & Sadbhawna Diwas on Sardar Vallabh Bhai Jayanti & Indira Gandhi’s Death Anniversary was taken on 31st October, 2018.
12. On 27th Nov 2018 Constitution Day was celebrated by taking Oath.
13. Sumrasta Divas was celebrated on 6th December, 2018 at Valmiki Mandir Sundernagar.
14. AIDS Awareness Rally from MLSM College Campus to Lalit Chowk, Sundernagar was
conducted on 4th Jan 2019.
15. Seven Days Special Camp was organized from 29th Dec 2018 to 6th Dec 2019.
Volunteer Asha declared best in Prade (Girls), best in cultural activities & headed a group of volunteers in the State Level Mega Camp & also selected for State Level Pre R.D. Camp held at Govt College Una.
She got selected for North Zone Pre R.D. Camp held at Agriculture University Hissar.
39 volunteers donated blood as and when needed during the session 2017-2018.
I. Participated in Swachh Bhart Abhiyan in association with NHAI and Centre for Sustainable Development, by Poster Making, Plantation, and Cleanliness derive in MLSM College campus on 29 July 2017.
II. Swachhta Pakhwada activity organised from 1st August 2017 - 15 August 2017
Class room cleaning.
Oath & Rally
Bawri restoration and cleanliness derive One Day N.S.S Camp in College Campus on 14th August 2017.
III. Four N.S.S Volunteers attended State Level Mega Camp 2017 at General Zoravar Singh College Dhaneta from 26.9.2017 to 30.09.2017, followed by 2 days State Level Pre R.D. Camp held at Una from 1st Oct 2017 - 2nd Oct 2017.
IV. Mr.Rajmal Rana Assistant Prof. as official and two volunteers Anchal Rani and Pritam Singh attended National Integration Camp held at Govt College Seema Rohru Shimla. 06-10-2017 to 12-10-2017.
V. Oath Ceremony on Ekta Diwas & Sadbhawna Diwas, on 31st October 2017
VI. Four volunteers attended one day orientation programme at Zonal Hospital Mandi on 12th Nov 2017.
VII. Oath Ceremony on Constitution Day on 27th Nov 2017.
VIII. 6th Dec. 2017 Samrasta Diwas on 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr Ambedkar.
IX. Rally on World AID’s Day on 1st Dec 2017.
X. Seven Day Special Camp from 30th Dec 2017 to 6th Jan 2018.