Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its judgment dated 4th May 2001, 16th May 2007
and 11th February 2009, has outlined various steps which a institution should adopt
to curb the menace of ragging in Educational Institutions. These steps have been adopted by
M.L.S.M. College, Sundernagar.
RAGGING MEANS :
A. VERBAL RAGGING :
Where senior causes mental harassment/discomfort to a junior by forcing him/her
to answer unacceptable/personal questions, to dance, to sing etc.
B. SEVERE VERABAL RAGGING :
Where the mental harassment/discomfort is to such an extent that it forces to junior
to withdraw from the college.
C. PHYSICAL RAGGING :
Any act by senior towards junior which inflicts badly injury on junior. Like beating
the junior, hitting him/her by the objects etc.
D. SEXUAL RAGGING :
Where the senior asks the junior to do an act which violates sexual dignity of the
Say No To Ragging
Anyone involved in any manner in act of ragging is liable for punishment including
- Cancelation of Admission.
- Suspension From Attending Classes.
- Withdrawing Scholarship And Other Benefits.
- Suspension, Expulsion From Hostel.
- Expulsion From Institution And Consequently Debarring From Admission To Any Other
- Fine Upto Rs. 50,000/- Imprisonment or Both.
Report any act of RAGGING to the following members :